Monday, January 28, 2008

The Lord is my Light and My Salvation

I forget. I forget the promise,
I forget that no foe has a chance against my Lord.

I forget that there is no enemy who can come close to overcoming the
stronghold of the Lord.

I forget that God is strong enough, powerful enough, wise enough,
loving enough, resourceful enough, and is determined to protect me
from anything, or anyone that may try to harm me.

When life gets dark I forget that He is my light. When I am in the
midst of battle I forget that He is my salvation. When I feel weak and
weary and worn-down I forget that He is my stronghold.

I forget, so I must learn to remind myself

When others are afraid, or discouraged, or weary, or near defeat, I
must remember to remind them.

So, just in case that description fits you, I remind you, "The Lord is
your light and your salvation-whom shall you fear? The Lord is the
stronghold of your life-of whom shall you be afraid?"
 

4 comments:

Charm said...

I feel you on that one. Sometimes it feels as if He has forgotten or He is not there. I used to wonder a lot until one day it dawned on me that when Jesus says I will never leave you nor forsake you, He means exactly that. And that doesnt mean that He is there only when things are all rosy and kawaida-it means that no matter what He is with us.

Maua said...

He knows we are human.

Many times I forget too, and I fight my battles without involving Him.

I guess He just stands there watching us make fools of ourselves. But He's always there.
Even if it means stepping in on the 11th hour, He's always there. And that is the most satisfying thing.

xxxx said...

Who is like Him
Majestic in Holiness
Awesome in Glory
Working wonders

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.