Monday, January 11, 2010

You got me good

I wait in the silence to hear your voice, just to hear your call
And I will catch the intonation of every syllable as it falls
No one can replace it, my words cannot attain it
Your love is boundless, without condition, I fumble with words to explain it
Warm me with your love, thaw my unbelief
Lift me from the floor and place me back upon my feet
You renew my strength so I can walk and not faint
My hope is in you, you have my heart and my faith

Where would I be without you?
My skin crawls with the very thought of a world without you
And even if I die, I know that I cannot be without you
Cause the afterlife means that after life I'll never be without you
But for now I'll focus on the time on earth we share
And when the silence fall, you're there
Still waiting to care for any load I have to bear
So in the silence of these moments, my heart whispers this prayer

When hope is lost, I'll call you saviour
When pain surrounds, I'll call you healer
When the silence falls, you'll be the song within my heart

Insecurities have me going insane, I've never been so lame
Your voice to me is calming like rain on a window pane
What I didnt deserve, you covered with your loving words
You reached out and embraced me, without you I am flakey
But now I am all new cos your love completely remakes me
Ever you will be the song of my heart regardless
Cos you are the light of life that got sparked in my darkness

Inspite of all my failures and mistakes,my shame and disgrace
You took my life and covered it with grace
I know that all my steps are ordered by you
And so I step with confidence because your love is true
When I'm tossed by life's winds and waves
I'm not afraid cos you've got power, you're mighty to save
Not too concerned even when alone
I know late into the night when tears fall you hold me

I will praise you, when the tears fall, still I will sing
I will praise you, through the suffering, still I will sing

Take my state of heart
Take my state of mind
Take the fear I have
Take the pain I hide

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew....seems like you know a little more about me than you should know...hahaha


as far as my blog, I think its time to tame the wild girl. Getting too old and soon to be a new mommy. But I am still the same cool gal. How are you hun?

lulu said...

wow is this a song you wrote, its exhaustive of so much.... how are you?

Shiko-Msa said...

Happy new year Extravagantgrace and Joyunspeakable. And your readers as well.

xxxx said...

@shar there is no such thing as too old
@ lulu am gud thanks, mmmh havent thought of it as a song, just words put together
@Shiko a happy one to you gal, growing bit old old now me thinks

Wyndago said...

I just wish someone could say all those things about me... or to me.

xxxx said...

@Wyndago he he he that would make you God n y wud u want someone to say that to you or of u?

gladys said...

"When hope is lost, I'll call you saviour
When pain surrounds, I'll call you healer
When the silence falls, you'll be the song within my heart" now thats a tearjerker and i too wish saomeone would say the same to me :)

xxxx said...

Gladys, long time no see, I know its bit of a tearjerker read it again n now I see why u n wyndago wud like someone to say the same of you. Think we all long to be wanted n sought after like that :)